We spoke to over 600 people as part of our research and collected additional comments via our website. This type of qualitative data provides insight into why people feel angling is important both for themselves and the wider community. To read some of the key comments and themes that emerged follow the links below.
- Views From the Field: Browse a selection of quotes from anglers, non-anglers and angling professionals or search via key words.
- Young People's Stories Wall: A sample of some of the comments collected through our young people interview and our online data gathering tool.
- Angler Comments: Read the online comments made by anglers about the benefits they get from going fishing
- Assynt Comments on particular lochs and General Comments about Assynt from the Assynt Research Website.
- Tag Clouds : View tag clouds (tagged comments) of the most popular themes to emerge from our 2009 Anglers' Survey, the Young People's Survey, and the multiple Assynt Surveys.